Friday, January 2, 2009

Worth it: Video Games



The Thief Series by Eidos
What do you get when you combine zombies, robots, a bad-ass thief, secret societies, squatters, magical forests, a medieval setting, and plenty of sneaking? The "Thief" series of course! This series is basically the grandaddy of the stealth-action genre. Yes it's quite dated now but you can grab the newest one Thief: Deadly Shadows on PC and Xbox original. I'm not quite sure if it's compatible with Xbox 360 but if you have a decent PC you'll be able to run it. Unfortunately Thief I&II most likely won't run on newer computers unless there is some patch that I'm unaware of. I definately recommend Thief II in particular mainly because Thief I feels REALLY dated. Plus it's great game. If you enjoy stealth-based video games, then put down Splinter Cell, and pick up one of these babies.

1 comment:

  1. Thief 1-3 are still my all time favorite video games. I'm playing #2 again for the fourth time right now. I had moved to the Macintosh, but actually went out and purchased a new WinXP desktop just to play those games again.

    It's been confirmed, BTW: there is going to be a Thief IV! Check out the Wikipedia article on it. Steven Russel is supposed to be back as Garrett as well.

    Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete