Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I watched this movie



Full Metal Jacket-Stanley Kubrick


Kubrick films are always entertaining so I decided to pick this one up. I'm sure alot of you have already seen it, but I just want to point out that it's definitely worth watching. What's truly great about this movie is how it shows the horrors of war. It's by all means an anti-war movie. It shows the mental transformation that soldiers go through when going into battle; they cease to be men and become beasts of war. The story follows a young recruit immediately nicknamed, "Joker" through boot camp and eventually the heat of battle. He originally goes to Vietnam as a "combat journalist" you could say, but he gets more than he bargained for. Every character is unique, for example, "Animal Mother" is the bloodthirsty gunner who's just in it for the killing. Nevertheless, it's also a great Vietnam movie, but I've heard that it's not quite as good as Apocalypse Now. I'll probably be posting a comparison soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment